How To Apply
Please be advised by clicking 'Apply Online', you are agreeing that you have already read the Conditions of Residence in the Residents Guide and the rest of the information on this page.
Conditions of Residence
These conditions form part your accommodation agreement the University and tell you what is expected of residents. Full details of the conditions can be found in the Residents Guide. In particular your attention is drawn to the following conditions:
- Students living in University owned accommodation are licensees. Your licence is granted because of your intention to follow a course of study at the University. If you cease to follow a course of study at the University you will be required to leave residence.
- Your licence is for a fixed period and there are financial penalties if you decide to leave residence early before the end of the period.
- You are required to conduct yourself in a responsible and safe manner and not to disturb other residents.
- You may not sub-let your room or let anyone else live there.
- You must pay rent by the due date either in full or agreeing a payment plan.
- All residences are non-smoking including bedrooms and all common areas.
New Students Starting in September 2013
Applications for new students for the 2013/14 academic year are now open.
Please note that to apply online you will need to have accepted a firm offer (conditional or unconditional) from the University of Surrey. It may take up to 48 hours after this for our systems to update.
Returning students can apply for University accommodation for 2013/14 currently. For full details of the Allocation Policy please see the eligibility page.
Students Starting Before September
Applications for students starting before September are now open.
What happens after I have applied?
- You can log in and check your room preferences at any time.
- It is advisable to log back in and check once to be sure that all your preferences have been saved. If you have successfully entered room preferences on the application system you will receive an email within 5 hours confirming the choices you have made.
- If you do not get this email, please log back in and check that your preferences and lifestyle choices appear. If they do not, please re-enter them and make sure you click the ‘Continue’ button on each page.