In all our students, the Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences is keen to develop a broad range of generic skills to complement the core competencies of their chosen subject area. Our modular programme format coupled with increasing use of innovative teaching and learning strategies provides a flexible environment whilst maintaining the academic rigour and quality expected at one of the UK's top rated universities.
Programmes are available in: Dance, Film Studies, Theatre Studies, Music, Sound Recording, Acting, Musical Theatre, Production Skills, Media Studies, Sociology, Criminology, Psychology, Politics, English Literature, Creative Writing and Languages.
Key features of all our programmes include:
- Students enrolled from across the globe with a variety of educational and professional backgrounds
- Extensive, world-renowned Professional Training placement opportunities
- Programmes highly rated by the quality assurance agency
- Well-established collaboration with public and private sector organisations to ensure that training is relevant and responsive to future employment
- Nationally and Internationally respected and recognised academics
Our four areas of study within the Faculty are: