Chair: Professor Andrea Dlaska
Head of Admissions and Student Records
A representative of each Faculty
University’s Principal Contact for OFFA
University’s Widening Participation Manager
A representative of the Student Recruitment Office
Secretary: Miss Charlotte Furley (Assistant Registrar)
Terms of Reference
- To advise the University Learning and Teaching Committee, the Senate, the Executive Board and the Deans of Faculty as appropriate on all matters relating to student recruitment and admissions and the role of admissions in widening participation; to formulate and make recommendations to Senate on policies, regulations and procedures for the admission of students.
- To review on an annual basis the Admissions Policy to ensure that it enables the university to achieve its strategic goals and specific objectives.
- To promote the dissemination of best practice in recruitment and admissions across the university and its partner organisations, identifying staff development and training needs for all those involved in admissions.
- To define roles and responsibilities for key individuals including Admissions Tutors and Directors of Study/Programme Directors.
- To advise on measures to ensure compliance with relevant legislation (eg PBS) and consistency with the Quality Assurance Agency Code of Practice on recruitment and admissions and the Schwartz principles of fairness, transparency, accessibility, ease of understanding for students and consistency of application.
- To consider internal and external initiatives and developments in legislation relating to recruitment, admissions and entrance requirements in relation to the University’s undergraduate and taught postgraduate programmes and to formulate responses to these as appropriate for approval by Senate and/or Executive Board.
- To monitor performance against benchmarks agreed with the Office of Fair Access.
- To receive an annual report from each faculty on recruitment and admissions.
- To review, through a Special Admissions Sub-Committee*, applications from students declaring a criminal conviction or a disability and advise as appropriate.