Welcome to the Department
- We have distinctive undergraduate programmes with either a Professional Training Year (BSc) or a Research Year (MPhys) that is often spent abroad.
- In the 2012 National Student Survey, we received a 92% satisfaction rating from our students.
- The Department has over thirty years of teaching vocational masters degrees.
- Our pure and applied research ranges from the study of atomic nuclei to modelling exotic liquid crystals. As of this year, the Department has a new astrophysics research group.
- The Department is highly ranked in university league tables. We are ranked 10th in the country in the 2014 Complete University Guide, and 1st for graduate prospects.
Our VideosWatch on YouTube
Watch on YouKu if visiting from China
- WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) Awards 2013 - Open for Nominations
- Jim Al-Khalili Challenge Plate 2013
- Esendu Benedict wins AWE MSc Prize
- Laura Hunter-Smith wins MSc REP Prize
- Aaron Morgan wins LabImpex MSc Prize